What could be better than a good side of farm pork, cooked with spinach and cream. Here is the delicious recipe, easy and quick.
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 1 bunch of cress
- 35 g semi-salted butter
- 100 g ofspinach
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 40 cl of heavy cream (30% fat)
- 2 cl of peanut oil
- 4 ribs pork
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Farmhouse pork chops recipe
- Stem, wash and cut the watercress into pieces.
- Melt 15 g of butter in a casserole dish, cook the watercress and spinach in it, sprinkle with sugar.
- When the vegetables are reduced to a “compote”, add the heavy cream. Bring to a boil and season. Keep warm.
- In a skillet, heat the oil and remaining butter, cook the pork chops for 8 to 10 minutes (depending on thickness).
- Arrange the pork chops on the plates along with the vegetables.
You can serve this recipe with sautéed apples or mashed potatoes.
Find out more about spinach
A vegetable plant native to Persia, thespinach was introduced to Europe by the Crusades in the 12th century.
Soft and tender, the young shoots are delicious raw, prepared as a salad, drizzled with a simple vinaigrette, revealing a subtle nutty note. Thicker and softer, the adult leaves are eaten chopped or branched.
They are steamed or pan-fried, with a knob of butter, a touch of cream or béchamel sauce, and make wonderful soups and purees.
Côtes du Rhône village.
Words from the kitchen
Steaming: gently cook a vegetable, covered, in its vegetation water with very little fat.
Calories per person: 440.
Recipe: A. Beauvais Photo: F. Hamel